This course has been developed for candidates to understand their responsibility as a lifeguard it is essential that they build their knowledge and understanding in a way that best prepares them for the role.
The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming pool and Supervision
- Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
- Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
- Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
- Element 1 – Intervention and Rescue
- Element 2 – Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
- Element 3 – Emergency Action Plan
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
- Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Element 2 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Element 2 – First Aid
All candidates will be supplied with the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Generation 9 Manual. Candidates will be required to bring swimming attire which includes swimming costume plus shorts and t-shirts.